Senior Compliance Officer for P27 Nordic Payments
Do you want to be part of creating one common state of the art payments platform in the Nordic countries? This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About this opportunity
The Compliance function in P27 is a part of the second line of defence within the company. The function is responsible for ensuring the company’s adherence to external and internal rules, along with general compliance expectations on a clearing organisation. To further strengthen the compliance competence in the company, we are looking for a Senior Compliance Officer who will be based in our Stockholm office and who will report directly to the Head of Compliance.
About the role
Your responsibility includes all types of compliance-related tasks, including providing training, making controls and guide the company on compliance-related matters. You will also participate in P27’s dialogue with various authorities in the Nordic countries.
In your daily work, you will have contact with P27’s employees and leaders in the company’s offices in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Helsinki. Many of the meetings are held online. You will also participate in the dialogue with the company’s third-party vendors. As a Senior Compliance Officer, you will also have a close collaboration with the Risk control function and the internal audit function.
The job includes preparing material for the Regulatory Watch group within P27 and being a part of the proactive dialogue that the company has with legislators, supervisors and overseers in the countries where P27 operates. The work also includes identifying benchmarking levels for clearing organisations in the relevant countries.
P27 will work under a clearing license in Sweden from the Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen). The company will also be under the oversight of the Swedish Riksbank along with the Danish Nationalbanken and Finnish Bank of Finland based on the central bank memberships that P27 will have as a clearing organisation.
As a Senior Compliance Officer in P27 Nordic Payments your tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Perform scanning of new regulations. Regulations concerning outsourcing, cyber security and IT security are extra important for the company
- Perform controls in a “hands-on” and IT reliant environment
- Facilitate regulatory workshops for clearing participants and other relevant stakeholders
- Analyse and evaluate the compliance risks situation within the company
- Assess and analyse occurred incidents and undertake control activities within the organisation
- Ensure the company’s adherence to the internal rules. This includes facilitating reviews and updates of the internal rules, procedures and other related documents.
To succeed in this role, we expect that you:
- Have a good business understanding and high integrity
- Are analytical, think ahead and anticipate questions
- Are eager to learn and to use your knowledge and skills in a productive way
- Display self-leadership, good judgement and prioritise work tasks appropriately
- Are a team player.
The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are; Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Your experience and background
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with compliance in a regulated financial business, or with supervision/oversight at a regulatory authority
- Knowledge of the payments industry and interest in understanding new developments
- Experience from working with financial infrastructures or other similarly regulated companies
- Legal education or equivalent
- Fluency in English, as well as one of the other Nordic languages, is required.
Please apply via LinkedIn by sending a cover letter together with your CV in one document no later than 29th October.
Interviews can be initiated before the deadline if the right candidate applies so, please send your application as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications. Background checks are an integrated part of our recruitment process.
For additional information about the position, please contact our Head of Compliance email@example.com