Do you want to be part of creating one common state of the art payments platform in the Nordic countries? This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About this opportunity
The Risk function in P27 Nordic Payments is the second line of defence risk function responsible for ensuring that material risks are identified and properly managed by the relevant business risk owners and for providing relevant risk information timely and regularly to the Board. The Risk function’s scope are all risk types within the scope of P27 Nordic Payments as a clearing organization and the company’s main risk area is operational risk. The Risk function’s main areas of responsibility lies within monitoring that the company’s business functions identifies, monitors and manages their risks and increase awareness and education regarding risk governance and risk framework to the Company and its employees.
To further strengthen our risk function we are looking for a Risk officer with direct report to the Head of Risk.
What you will be doing
As Risk officer in P27 Nordic Payments you will work broadly will all types of risk and within all different risk processes. You will be part of the journey to fully establish and implement the Risk function and the risk framework within the company.
Your day-to-day contact will be with our employees and leaders as well as contact persons at important third party vendors. You will have close collaboration with both the Compliance function as well as the Internal audit function. P27 Nordic Payments has filed a clearing licence application to the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen) and the Risk function will work closely with this process together with the Compliance function as well as the Business units of our company such as the COO area.
As a Risk officer in P27 Nordic Payments you will:
- Have contact with regulators and overseers/supervisors in all countries where our company operates
- Analyse and evaluate the risk situation, assess and analyse occurred incidents and other key risk controlling activities
- Facilitate risk workshops
- Support the Head of Risk in keeping the risk framework adequate and up to date which includes reviews and updates of internal steering documents within the risk area.
Your primary workplace will be in our branch office in either Stockholm, Copenhagen or Helsinki.
Who you are
To succeed in this role, we expect that you:
- Have good business understanding and high integrity
- Are analytical and have a good ability to see connections
- Are eager to learn and to transfer your knowledge and skills into tangible outcomes
- Display self-leadership, good judgement and prioritise work tasks appropriately
- Are a team player.
The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are; Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Your experience and background
- Minimum 5-10 years of previous experience of risk management or risk control within either first, second or third line of defence functions preferably from the financial sector, e.g. within a bank or other type of financial institution under oversight/supervision
- Knowledge of the payments industry and interest in understanding new developments
- Experience from working with financial infrastructures is an advantage, especially understanding of the PFMI guidelines issued by CPMI IOSCO
- Fluency in English and one of the Nordic languages is required.
Application deadline is 24 February 2020.
Interviews will be held prior to the deadline if the right candidate applies so please apply as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
For additional information about the position, please contact email@example.com