Operations Manager for Sweden
Do you want to be part of creating one common state-of-the-art payments platform in the Nordic countries? P27 Nordic Payments is looking for an Operations Manager for Sweden. This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About this opportunity
P27 Nordic Payments is looking for an Operations Manager who will be part of forming the future payment infrastructure in the Nordics. The Operations Manager will be located in Stockholm and report directly to the Head of Operations and will take part in implementing our services and our day-to-day operations.
About the role
You will play an important role in the development of processes and routines to set up the Clearing Operations unit. Your responsibility will be both to take part in preparing for business readiness and managing day-to-day operations.
Planning and implementing for business readiness includes close cooperation with vendors and banks and will provide you with the opportunity to build a broad network among the banking community in the Nordics.
The day-to-day operations responsibility is to manage events and risks arising in the payment services, which includes incident handling, real-time payment monitoring, handing statistics, and reporting as well as risk mitigation. All colleagues within Clearing Operations will be part of the daily operations. You will also have one or several responsibilities, which may change over time. This could include follow-up with vendors, risk assessments, or service development.
As an Operations Manager for P27 Nordic Payments you will:
- Proactively take part in the implementation of services by driving your own dedicated implementation tasks in working groups and have regular interaction with banks
- Analyze and drive ongoing operational optimisation as well as ensuring efficient processes and procedures to safeguard high-quality, low-cost operations
- Collaborate effectively with both internal stakeholders across the organisation, including operations and customer relations and external partners such as banking communities, vendors, and authorities
- Define, document, and implement new procedures related to changes in the strategy and/or products
- Conduct ongoing assessment and manage operational risks in line with risk appetite and guidelines set by management
To succeed in this role, we expect that you:
- Have personal integrity, stamina, and a high level of energy
- Are interested in personal and professional development
- Take ownership and have a positive mindset and a can-do attitude
- Are a good communicator with great collaboration skills
- Are analytical, structured, and have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to understand new issues quickly
The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are; Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Your experience and background
- 1+ years of experience from Banking or the Financial Industry related to payments or back-office tasks, preferably clearing and settlement in Sweden
- Experience developing routines and processes is desirable
- Proficient in computer applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Fluency in English and in one of the Nordic languages (working language is English).
- Educational level: Bachelor or Master’s degree in relevant disciplines.
Please apply via LinkedIn by attaching your CV and a cover letter as one document. Application deadline is 5th April 2021.
Interviews can be initiated before the application deadline if the right candidate applies so, please send your application as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications. Background checks are an integrated part of our recruitment process.
For additional information about the position, please contact: email@example.com
About P27 Nordic Payments
P27 Nordic Payments Platform AB is a company owned by six of the largest banks in the Nordics, Danske Bank, Handelsbanken, Nordea, OP Financial Group, SEB, and Swedbank. The aim is to create one common state-of-the-art payment platform in the Nordic countries. The launch of P27 services is subject to a merger filing and clearing licence approval. The name P27 derives from the number of citizens in the Nordic countries, 27 million individuals. Read more about us at nordicpayments.eu and follow us on LinkedIn at P27 Nordic Payments.