Legal Counsel for P27 Nordic Payments
Do you want to be part of creating one common state-of-the-art payments platform in the Nordic countries? P27 is looking for someone to fill the role of Legal Counsel for P27 Nordic Payments. This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About this opportunity
P27 is currently looking to expand our legal team and this is a great opportunity to be part of all legal aspects around ensuring a robust and solid Nordic payments platform infrastructure.
You will be instrumental in handling commercial and product development and support matters for the business on a day-to-day basis, identifying relevant issues and helping the business effectively navigate legal risks and implement appropriate controls, policies, and processes. You will be expected to merge stakeholders’ expectations and legal requirements into a simple and innovative product, process, or contract. Teamwork and a multi-jurisdictional mindset will be part of your daily routine. One of your main focus areas will be to support our Vendor Management team with negotiations and contract management.
About the role
With direct report to the Head of Legal, you will be working out of our offices either in Stockholm, Copenhagen, or Helsinki and the role may require some travel.
As a Legal Counsel in P27 Nordic Payments your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Advice on legal requirements in general as well as draft and review contracts and manage complex contract negotiations with customers, partners, and key suppliers
- Advice on privacy and regulatory requirements
- Advice from the creation through development to the launch stage and beyond of various solutions and products, covering a broad range of commercial and contractual matters
- Develop strong relationships with product development, IT, risk and compliance, finance, and senior management within P27 Nordic Payments business
To succeed in this role, we expect that you have:
- A significant drive, are passionate about your job, and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment
- The capability of prioritising conflicting demands and handling multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising on the quality in a fast-paced environment
- A high level of independence, efficiency, integrity, diplomacy, and good judgment
- Excellent people and stakeholder management skills and strong business understanding
- Solid interest in the disruptive payment industry and a willingness to learn rather than focus on a specific area of law
The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are: Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Your experience and background
- Professional experience as a lawyer, preferably from a well-renowned law firm or the financial sector, e.g. from the payment industry, with a strong academic record and training background
- Experience from the legal aspect of contract and vendor management (such as data privacy issues, outsourcing regulation, etc.)
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English and one of the Nordic languages
Please apply via LinkedIn by attaching your CV and a cover letter in one document. The application deadline is 20 May 2021.
Interviews can be initiated before the application deadline if the right candidate applies so please send your application as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications. Background checks are an integrated part of our recruitment process.
For additional information about the position, please contact Head of Legal: email@example.com.
About P27 Nordic Payments
P27 Nordic Payments Platform AB is a company owned by six of the largest banks in the Nordics, Danske Bank, Handelsbanken, Nordea, OP Financial Group, SEB, and Swedbank. The aim is to create one common state of the art payment platform in the Nordic countries. The work started in late 2017 with the ambition to go live in 2021. The launch of P27 services is subject to a merger filing and clearing licence approval. The name P27 derives from the number of citizens in the Nordic countries, 27 million individuals. Read more about us at nordicpayments.eu and follow us on LinkedIn at P27 Nordic Payments.