Legal Counsel / Senior Legal Counsel – P27 Nordic Payments
Do you have an enabling mindset and a proven track record of analytical problem solving? Do you want to be part of creating one common state of the art payments platform in the Nordic countries? This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About the role
P27 is in an early stage of its life cycle, which provides great opportunities to influence both the direction for this role and the legal team, as well as the direction and build-up of the company and the services. We offer you an exciting opportunity to grow personally and professionally. You will join us on our very exciting journey and work together with many talented and driven colleagues.
We are looking for legal counsels and senior legal counsels to join the legal team. These roles offer you the opportunity to develop your skills as a lawyer and support the organization within the main areas listed below. Note that it is not a requirement that you master all these areas. Rather, we welcome you to seize this opportunity and tell us how you can contribute to our exciting growth journey.
- Proactively providing legal advice to all teams across the business, including commercial contracts, financial regulatory matters, corporate matters, GDPR, litigation and competition law.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating agreements with customers, collaboration partners and service providers. The team’s primary focus is on our business-critical participation and vendor agreements.
- Implementing and improving legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices.
- Providing training and support to team members sharing your knowledge within the Legal team and in relation to other departments.
- Supporting and managing a variety of ad hoc projects within P27 as they arise.
About the team
The legal team currently consist of four team members located in Stockholm, Copenhagen and Helsinki. The team has touch points with both internal and external stakeholders, ranging from the participants in the payment system to the Nordic FSAs and central banks. With a direct report to the Head of Legal, you will be working from our office in either Stockholm, Copenhagen or Helsinki.
To thrive in this role, it is important that you enjoy working in a fast-moving, growing company where not everything is set in stone yet, and that you are able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs in a rapidly evolving environment. In a small team you must be able to work independently and collaborate, while also being keen to bring your expertise to and learn from other colleagues in other business units. Further, we believe that you have:
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and build credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- An analytic, structured and commercial mindset
- A high level of integrity and a thorough working method
- A strong interest in the industry´s and our customers’ future
Your experience and background
- Master of law degree in one of the Nordic countries.
- For legal counsel applicants, 3+ years of working experience at a law firm, legal counsel, or other similar role
- For senior legal counsel applicants, 5+ years of working experience at a law firm, legal counsel, or other similar role
- Experience within within the Nordic financial industry related to payments or working in a technology company is a plus
- Fluency in English and in one of the Nordic languages (working language is English)
Please include a cover letter with your CV and send via LinkedIn.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications. Background checks are an integrated part of our recruitment process. This role might be subject to security vetting according to the Swedish Protective Security Act (SFS 2018:585). This role might also be subject to protective security vetting and placement in security class according to the Swedish Protective Security Act (SFS 2018:585). If so it will be processed during the recruitment process.
For additional information about the position, please contact Jimmy Gärd, Head of Legal: email@example.com