Legal Counsel/Senior Legal Counsel at P27
Do you want to be part of creating one common state of the art payments platform in the Nordic countries? This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About this opportunity
P27 Nordic Payments is currently looking to expand our Legal team and this is a great opportunity to be part of all legal aspects around ensuring a robust and solid Nordic payments platform infrastructure. We are currently looking to fill two positions – a Legal Counsel and an even more experienced Senior Legal Counsel.
You will be instrumental in handling commercial and product development and support matters for the business on a day-to-day basis, identifying relevant issues and helping the business effectively navigate legal risks and implement appropriate controls, policies and processes. You will be expected to merge stakeholders expectations and legal requirements into a simple and innovative product, process or contract. Teamwork and a multi-jurisdictional mindset will be part of your daily routine.
With a direct report to the Head of Legal, you will be working out of our offices either in Stockholm or Helsinki and the role may require some travel.
As a Legal Counsel in P27 Nordic Payments your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Advice on legal requirements in general as well as draft and review contracts and manage complex contract negotiations with customers, partners and key suppliers.
- Advice from the creation through development to the launch stage and beyond of various solutions and products, covering a broad range of commercial and contractual matters.
- Develop strong relationships with product development, IT, risk, compliance, finance and senior management within P27 Nordic Payments business.
To succeed in this role, we expect that you have:
- A significant drive, are passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment.
- The capability of prioritising conflicting demands and handling multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising on quality.
- A high level of independence, efficiency, integrity, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Excellent people and stakeholder management skills and strong business understanding.
The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are; Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Your experience and background
- Professional experience as a lawyer from a well-renowned law firm or the financial sector, with a strong academic record and training background.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English and one of the Nordic languages.
Please apply via LinkedIn by sending a cover letter together with your CV in one document no later than 6th March 2022. Please specify which of the two roles you are applying for.
Interviews can be initiated before the application deadline if the right candidate applies so please send your application as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications. Background checks are an integrated part of our recruitment process.
For additional information about the position, please contact the Head of Legal Mirka Gorne at email@example.com.