Data Protection Officer for P27 Nordic Payments
Do you want to be part of creating one common state of the art payments platform in the Nordic countries? This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About this opportunity
P27 Nordic Payments is currently looking for a Data Protection Officer who will be responsible for setting out the overall governance, management system and strategy in regards to the EU General Data Protection Regulation and other laws pertaining to personal data protection. As a Data Protection Officer, you will be part of the Legal unit and will have a direct report to the Head of Legal. The Data Protection Officer will be working out of our offices either in Stockholm or Copenhagen.
About the role
Your responsibility will be to inform, advise and provide recommendations on all matters relating to data privacy to help ensure the organisation mitigates data privacy risks and maintains compliance with relevant laws.
As a Data Protection Officer in P27 Nordic Payments you will:
- Provide legal advice to P27 Nordic Payments, its relevant partners and suppliers, on data protection and compliance with the regulation and relevant data protection law(s).
- Lead the development and maintenance of P27 Nordic Payments data protection compliance framework, including relevant policies, procedures, guidance and processes.
- Develop personal data protection training and awareness-raising programme and material, as well as carry out employee training.
- Establish an auditing framework and programme and ensure that audits relating to personal data are conducted regularly within P27 Nordic Payments, and results are reported according to applicable reporting lines.
- Liaise and cooperate with the data protection supervisory authorities and the data protection subjects.
To succeed in this role, we expect that you:
- Are ambitious, pragmatic and problem-solving with an eye for regulatory context and boundaries.
- Have a positive, critical, pro-active and result-oriented attitude.
- Deliver timely, high-quality services which enable strategic decision making.
- Are a skilled communicator who knows how to make your point clear and are not afraid to speak up or escalate if necessary.
- Are a team player.
The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are; Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Your experience and background
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in legal and/or compliance functions, providing legal and/or compliance advice on matters related to data protection law & privacy and within the data protection regulatory field.
- Proven knowledge of the legislative framework for data protection/privacy, including GDPR.
- Working knowledge of the EU data protection legislation and enforcement, as well as its practical implications.
- Knowledge and experience from working with financial infrastructures and banking services and their systems.
- Fluency in English and one of the Nordic languages is required.
Please apply via LinkedIn by sending a cover letter together with your CV in one document no later than 6th March 2022.
Interviews can be initiated before the application deadline if the right candidate applies so please send your application as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications. Background checks are an integrated part of our recruitment process.
For additional information about the position, please contact the Head of Legal Mirka Gorne at email@example.com.