Business Risk Manager for P27 Nordic Payments
Do you want to be part of creating one common state of the art payments platform in the Nordic countries? This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies in the Nordics.
About this opportunity
We are looking for a Risk Manager to the first line who will work with all types of risk in Business Development and Product Management, with a focus, especially on product and project risks but also covering other areas such as compliance risks. You will play an important role in ensuring that risks within the product area are known, assessed, managed, and controlled properly.
We offer a collaborative environment with highly skilled people striving for the common goal of implementing the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies. You will have the option of a good mix of working from home and in the office as well as occasional travelling to the other Nordic capitals. This is a great possibility to develop in your professional role and to be part of the challenges and the fun of participating in the journey of setting the foundation for and implementing methods, processes, and procedures for the business risk framework of the company.
About the role
With a direct report to the Head of Business Development and Product Management, you can be located at our offices in either Stockholm, Copenhagen, or Helsinki.
As a Risk Manager in Business Development and Product Management, you will be working with all risk types within the scope of P27 Nordic Payments as a clearing organisation. However, your focus will be on the risks in the large programs which are executed out of the team and risks related to the products. You will also work closely with the Head of Business Risk and the business Risk Managers in the other units of the company. You will ensure that routines related to risks and controls are established and aligned with the company’s risk management framework, methods, tools and processes and will make sure that all required controls are implemented in due time and in an orderly manner.
You will have close collaboration with most parts of the company, including for example Operations, IT, Information Security, second-line Risk and Internal Audit.
As a Risk Manager, your tasks also include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and set up processes for regular risk assessments and updates in business development and product management.
- Facilitate and conduct quarterly risk and control reviews.
- Support in the development, testing and implementation of controls.
- Assess and improve existing controls.
- Support in identifying new risks.
- Prepare and perform the reporting on risks and controls.
To succeed in this role, we expect that you:
- Have a good business understanding and high integrity.
- Are analytical and have a good ability to see connections.
- Are eager to learn and to transfer your knowledge and skills into tangible outcomes.
- Display self-leadership, good judgement and prioritise work tasks appropriately.
- Are a team player.
The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are; Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Your experience and background
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience of business risk management or risk control within either first, second or third line of defence functions preferably from the financial sector, e.g. within a clearing organisation, bank or other types of financial institution under oversight/supervision.
- Knowledge of the payments industry and interest in understanding new developments.
- Experience from and understanding of risk management concerning outsourcing and applicable regulations related to outsourcing such as EBA’s guidelines on outsourcing.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required, and it is a great benefit if one of the Nordic languages is spoken as well. The working language is English.
Please apply via LinkedIn by sending a cover letter together with your CV in one document no later than 17th April 2022.
Interviews can be initiated before the application deadline if the right candidate applies so please send your application as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications. Background checks are an integrated part of our recruitment process.
For additional information about the position, please contact the Head of Business Development and Product Management Claus Richter at email@example.com